Sunday, March 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Split Smoothies

If peanut butter was its own food group, it would be one of the largest tiers on my husband's food pyramid, probably right after chocolate.  By the spoonful, slapped between two pieces of bread, on a bagel or English muffin, in a recipe; there's really no way he doesn't eat it.

I thought I would reward my husband with a post-workout smoothie that highlighted one of his favorite foods.  I modified a recipe from the Food Network, with the result being a creamy blend of bananas and yogurt with a great peanut butter taste.

Peanut Butter Split Smoothies  (printable recipe)
adapted from an Ellie Krieger recipe
 













 

 Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1 cup milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 Tbsp. peanut butter, creamy variety
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. wheat germ

Method:
Place all ingredients in blender.  Mix until smooth.  Pour into two glasses and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment